Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Sous Head Chef to join our management team at the Minnis Bay Bar & Brasserie in Birchington, Kent.
The Minnis Bay boasts a spectacular sea front location overlooking one of the finest beaches on the Kent Coast. Classic British cuisine with a contemporary twist is on offer and due to our unique coastal location, fresh seafood is a speciality. It is an extremely busy, food led business that currently operates on a 30% wet and 70% dry split. It is a very seasonal and high volume site that can cater for up to 140 covers in the main restaurant together with plentiful outdoor dining space and a superb sea-facing function suite that can cater for a further 60 guests for private dining, weddings or events.
The role of Sous Chef is key within our business, so we need an experienced chef that is capable of working closely with our Head Chef, overseeing the kitchen and working to uphold our food quality and health and safety standards.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Sous Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.