The Conningbrook Hotel in Ashford is looking for a hands-on and experienced Deputy General Manager to join our management team.
Ideally located on the outskirts of Ashford, the Conningbrook Hotel boasts 29 spacious bedrooms, a comfortable lounge bar, a private restaurant, a stylish function room which caters for up to 100 guests and a beautiful huge landscaped garden with a children's play area that is also used for large outdoor events.
The role of Deputy Manager is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer first class operational support to our General Manager, deputising in their absence and assisting the successful running of our pub. You will work closely with our kitchen and operational teams recruiting and developing your people, with an ultimate goal of upholding our customer service delivery, quality and food standards at site.
In return, we can offer you offer competitive pay rates with great company benefits and superb on-going training with the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme.
What are we looking for?
- Proven Deputy/ Supervisory experience.
- Restaurant, Bar or Hotel Experience.
- Proven recruitment, leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health & safety standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a General Manager in the longer term.
- Competitive & negotiable pay rate dependent on experience.
- Live in accommodation if required.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Complete support from your General Manager & District Manager.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.