Shepherd Neame are looking for a live out, experienced General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the George Hotel, Cranbrook.
A multifaceted and high turnover business within our group, the George Hotel is located in Cranbrook in the beautiful Weald of Kent. It combines the comforts of a beautiful, historic twelve bedroom hotel together with a popular and busy pub & restaurant.
Currently the George operates on an approximate 35% food, 20% accommodation and 45% wet split. Guests can choose to dine in either the classic restaurant that is renowned locally, or alternatively in the buzz of the popular Brasserie. The George hosts private dining events and gatherings and the bar is rich and colourful with traditional wood burners, making it the ideal relaxation area for guests and locals alike.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at GM level within the pub, hotel, or F&B sector.
- Experience in a busy, high volume food & beverage operation.
- The ability to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef & kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop your team.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assume responsibility for the site management reporting and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales & marketing from site.
- Hotel/accommodation experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.