The Old Mill is a very busy restaurant located in Kennington on the outskirts of Ashford in Kent and we are looking for a Commis Chef to join our experienced and supportive kitchen team of 14 staff.
Our menus are full of classic and modern pub food, made with love, care and the best fresh local ingredients that we can find.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Commis Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Basic cooking skills with the desire to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please apply online with your CV now.