The Grove Ferry is a well-established, riverside pub & restaurant with a function room and letting bedrooms located in Upstreet Village, between Thanet and Canterbury in Kent.
We are pleased to announce that the Grove Ferry is now under our new ownership as of the 8th January 2020, so we are looking for an experienced Head Chef that can work in partnership with us as the new operators to develop and introduce a new fresh, traditional and home-cooked pub food offer and events menu.
Our food offer and menu development will expand as we establish ourselves in the local area, so we see the Head Chef as an integral part of our team, helping us to drive the business forward in the longer term.
- Proven experience at Head Chef Level.
- High volume catering skills & the ability to manage seasonal demands.
- Function, wedding & events experience is advantageous.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team of approx. 3-6 staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Own transport is preferred due to rural location
This is a full time and permanent role which will see you working to include most weekends, we will gladly discuss hours and your requirements at interview stage. Salary is in the region of £30,000-£35,000 per annum dependent on experience plus pension scheme and holiday pay.
If you are an experienced, professional Head Chef that can help us to put the Grove Ferry back on the map as a destination dining venue locally, then we want to hear from you!
Please either apply online with your CV or give John a call now on 07812 821332 for a chat.