The Royal Hotel in Deal is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to support our Head Chef and the day to day running of our busy kitchen and team.
Boasting a superb seafront location, we are a very fast paced and high turnover pub, restaurant and hotel with multiple restaurant and dining areas, a private function room for up to 40 covers and space for outside dining. We offer our customers a varied and bespoke menu, using fresh ingredients and locally sourced ingredients wherever possible, so we are looking for someone that can offer an extra layer of support in our kitchen, upholding our food quality and service standards in the absence of the Head Chef.
This is a hands on role that will see you proactively organising the kitchen during busy service periods, together with offering support and continued development to our friendly, committed and solid team of 10 chefs and kitchen staff.
In return, we will offer you a competitive pay rate, a great range of company benefits and significant investment in your career path with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Salary in the region of £22,000 - £26,000 dependent on experience.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Chefs whites are provided.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now and we will contact you for a chat.