Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Minnis Bay Bar & Brasserie in Birchington, Kent.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of over 70 managed houses in the London and the South East; The Minnis Bay boasts a spectacular sea front location overlooking one of the finest beaches on the Kent Coast. Classic British cuisine with a contemporary twist is on offer and due to our unique coastal location, fresh seafood is a speciality.
The Minnis Bay is an extremely busy, food led business that currently operates on a 30% wet and 70% dry split. It is a very seasonal and high volume site that can cater for up to 140 covers in the main restaurant together with plentiful outdoor dining space and a superb sea-facing function suite that can cater for a further 60 guests for private dining, weddings or events.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team of around 15 staff, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- High volume catering experience.
- Function, wedding and event experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of 10-15 staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Permanent 48 hour contract.
- Company Health Plan (after completion of probationary period).
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame retail pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.