The Royal Hotel, our beautiful seafront Hotel in the former fishing village of Deal, is looking for an experienced Senior Sous Chef to support the day to day running of our kitchen team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a high volume, exciting pub with a Head Chef who is an excellent mentor.
The role of Senior Sous Chef is key within our business, so we need an experienced chef that is capable of working closely with our Head Chef, overseeing the kitchen and working to uphold our food quality and health and safety standards.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and developing our Senior Sous Chefs with our 'Chefs Development Programme', helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We will also offer you competitive pay rates that are negotiable dependent on experience together with a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Senior Sous Chef level.
- A proven Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive pay rate that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.