Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest Brewery based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 320 pubs and produce a wide range of ales and lagers, including Spitfire Ale, Whitstable Bay and Bishops Finger. A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Wedmaster in our IT department.
We are looking for a Webmaster to maintain 250+ websites, to meet our infrastructure needs and support our internal users. In this role, you should be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator.
Balancing a creative eye with an analytical mind is essential. You will need to enjoy working with a number of different teams and managing a number of different stakeholders. Looking forward we will be looking for strong project management skills as we upgrade our websites during 2020 and 2021. If you also have a strong technical background, we’d like to meet you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build functional and easy-to-use websites using a CMS
- Test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices
- Work with our development agency to maintain, configure servers and ensure site security.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity
- Debug pages and fix broken links or images
- Update website content and review search engine optimisation
- Monitor and analyze site performance (e.g traffic, conversions)
- Address user complaints
- Ownership of Google console, tag manager and analytics
- Provide web support, amendments and updates for licensees running Shepherd Neame tenanted pubs as well as managing transition of email services
- Manage web processes for purchase, sale or transfer of pubs
- Carry out any other duties that may be reasonably expected by management
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience as a Webmaster or Web Developer
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Familiarity with web standards
- Working knowledge of website management tools
- Knowledge of DNS, CDN and Domain management
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Attention to detail and strong organisational and project management skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Design or a related field is preferred
- Competitive Salary and company benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in our Managed House pubs and hotels.
Closing date for applications: 20th November 2019