Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join the management team at the Botany Bay Hotel in Kingsgate, Broadstairs.
We need a Head Chef that has the skills required to manage an incredibly seasonal, high volume turnover site with a large kitchen team including a Sous Chef and approximately 10 staff. High volume catering together with function and menu development experience is preferred.
You will need to have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- High volume catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.