Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Conningbrook Hotel in Ashford, Kent.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of over 70 managed houses in London and the South East; The Conningbrook Hotel boasts a great location on the outskirts of Ashford, within easy reach of the M20 motorway and nearby Ashford International station.
The Conningbrook Hotel combines the friendly atmosphere of a local Pub & Restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern 29 bedroom hotel. It has extensive outdoor space with a large landscaped gardens used for alfresco dining and large events. It is a licensed wedding venue with four function rooms and it caters for high volume wedding, meetings and private events throughout all seasons.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience at a Head Chef level in a busy F&B operation.
- High volume wedding & events experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team of approx.8.
- Good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and labour control.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame retail pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.