Shepherd Neame is looking for a proactive and driven Assistant Manager to join our team, at the Freemasons Arms in Covent Garden, London.
This is a full time position and can be live in or live out.
This role is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer first class operational support to our General Manager.
We provide our Assistant Managers with superb ongoing support and the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme. So if you love the hospitality sector and you are looking for progression within the industry, this could be just the position for you!
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the General Manager, supporting the day-to-day running of the business.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Working towards the company business & financial targets.
- Supporting with stock management, administrative and banking duties.
- Supporting recruitment, staff management, team training and development.
What are we looking for?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Hospitality experience is essential.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- This position is 4 weekly paid.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.