Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest brewer based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 320 pubs and have a wide portfolio of beers and cider including Whitstable Bay, Bear Island, Spitfire, Samuel Adams and Singha.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, the new role of Marketing Manager will lead and own the integrated marketing and sales promotion plan for the Shepherd Neame Pub Business, across Kent and London.
We are looking for an exceptional On Trade professional to join our award-winning marketing team with creativity, commercial acumen, strong collaboration skills and passion for the beer industry and pub trade to drive incremental growth in our pub estate by developing and executing a new marketing approach that brings to life the consumer experience, increases footfall and drives awareness for our brands.
You will lead, implement and evaluate cross-functional initiatives in collaboration with a highly skilled marketing and pubs team. You will have a real skill at building strong stakeholder relationships and demonstrate prior experience of implementing and driving On Trade pub marketing campaigns.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Marketing Manager will drive incremental growth throughout our pub estate through the development and execution of a new marketing approach that brings to life the guest experience and increases footfall, measured by robust sales, service and quality indicators.
- Lead pub estate customer engagement calendar and manage all in outlet POS and email marketing to ensure one voice in all communication
- Lead pub investment programme communication at a local level, digital and PR amplification
- Develop a new approach to adding value to the experience of accommodation in our coastal hotels
- Develop, lead and evaluate brand training programme for bar staff “beeristas”
- Develop consumer-facing brand tasting event schedule to drive trial and visibility of our own brands
- Cross promote pubs within Visit Kent partnership
- Elevate content for pub recruitment toolkit
- Promote wines and spirits agenda in our pub estate and integrate into customer engagement calendar
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven marketing knowledge and experience ideally with a CIM qualification
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar, hospitality focused marketing role
- Strong commercial acumen and P&L management
- Passion for the industry, pubs and hospitality is a given
- Naturally collaborative and with proven leadership capability
- Clear and confident communicator who can present ideas persuasively
- Consumer-focused and creative with an ability to implement and embed change
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills; good team player
- Excellent digital skills and experience of building brand footprint and advocacy online
- High standards of execution and commitment to delivery
- Takes own initiative, strong team player, thrives in a fast-paced environment
- High levels of energy, positivity and exceptional people skills
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory Pension scheme
Fulltime, 37.5 hours per week. 08:30 - 17:00, Monday to Friday with 1 hour lunch (unpaid). This role will however include some weekend and evening duties from time to time to meet the needs of the business.