Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join the management team at our beautiful waterfront restaurant the Albion Taverna in Faversham. We are looking for a Head Chef with a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and who has a love for food and is proud of what he does!
Boasting a beautiful waterside location on Faversham Creek, the Albion Taverna is a busy, food led pub & restaurant founded on a fabulous mix of Mexican food and the best-of-British cuisine. Following its recent refurbishment scheme, it currently trades at approximate 65% food and 35% wet split and seats around 50 covers internally with a further 40 covers outside in good weather.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Head Chef level.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.