The Royal Albion Hotel in Broadstairs is looking for a reliable and trustworthy Part Time Night Porter to join our busy team immediately.
The hours are 11pm to 7am on a shift pattern of 2 nights on and 4 nights off, which will see you working 16 – 20 hours per week.
As an integral part of our front of house team, you will ensure that we continue to deliver an excellent level of service to our customers on the front line during the night shift.
You will assume complete responsibility for the safety of our guests throughout the night, so you must be able to think on your feet, react quickly and you will be able to calmly make sensible decisions when the need arises.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the overall safety of our guests and building during the night shift.
- Handling any fire evacuations whilst on shift.
- Welcoming guests and checking them in and out of the hotel.
- Handling any customer complaints or queries.
- Serving in house residents in the bar area.
- Setting up residents breakfast in the restaurant.
- Setting up for weddings, conferences and events as required.
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working nights is preferred.
- First class customer service skills.
- Good IT skills.
- You must be well presented and professional.
- The ability to work alone using your own initiative.
- You must be able to remain calm and make quick decisions.
- You must be in good physical health due to some heavy lifting.
- You must be honesty and reliable.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours.
- Former experience as a night porter is preferred, not essential.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for a chat.