Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest Brewery based in Faversham, Kent. As an independent family business we own and operate over 320 pubs and produce a wide range of ales and lagers, including Spitfire Ale, Whitstable Bay and Bishops Finger. Authenticity and pride runs through everything we do at Shepherd Neame. Our culture is built on integrity, a drive to provide exceptional service to our customers and building strong relationships through mutual trust. A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Business Systems Analyst in our Business Systems Team.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Business Systems, the new role of Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for creating new Business Intelligence content in line with our roadmap using existing solutions: QlikView and SQL Reporting Services. As a key member of the team, you will provide significant support in the rollout of a new innovative solution: QlikSense. You will also take an active part in improving our existing suite of dashboards and reports. In addition, you will play a lead role in the formation and running of the MI user group.
The role will require a flexible individual who has proven skills in capturing business requirements from users at all levels in a business - operational and strategic. The ability to explore and tease out reporting requirements from non-technical colleagues is a crucial aspect of the job, as well as preparing clear functional specifications and working closely with a developer throughout. In time, you will develop the skills required to build new content in QlikView, QlikSense and SQL; and thereby directly contribute to the development team effort.
As SAP is the main source of data for our dashboards, you will also be required to provide ongoing support for SAP users, business processes, projects and continuous improvement initiatives along with the existing SAP Business Systems team.
- Engage with all business departments to capture reporting requirements
- Prepare functional specifications and change requests
- Work closely with the MI development team to deliver projects and improvements to existing dashboard content
- In time, become part of the MI development team - creating new content
- Play a lead role in the formation and running of the MI user group
- Provide general SAP support and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives; in particular where closely aligned to reporting
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of a similar role, preferably in a SAP environment
- 5 years+ experience working with a BI solution in a lead role, preferably QlikView but not essential
- Inquisitive with a passion for data, analytical thinker
- Confident, professional team player
- Effective communicator with strong presentational and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, can-do attitude and desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to influence at all levels
- MS-Excel to advanced level including VBA
- Proven experience of scripting or expression languages, data modelling and ETL
- Proven experience with user interface design and data visualisation
- Excellent understanding of the development lifecycle
- Competitive Salary and company benefits.
- Contributory Company pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Staff discount scheme in our Managed House pubs and hotels.
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply by uploading your C.V. and telling us why you are suitable for this role.
Closing date for applications: 30th August 2019