The Market House is a buzzing & stylish Bar & Restaurant in Earls Street, Maidstone, and we are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team.
Boasting a great location and roof top terrace, we play host to a diverse customer base and bring you the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town. Our fresh, new and on-trend menu has been designed to cater for all and we offer a diverse range of Live Music genres and artists performing on weekly basis.
We know that great chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so we need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term. You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.