The Ship & Trades is a very busy Pub & Restaurant with 15 letting bedrooms located in Chatham Maritime and we are pleased to be recruiting for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team in a newly created role.
It is vital that we maintain the quality, appearance and safety of our business in order for our customers to have a great time and so that our teams can work in a safe environment. First impressions count, so you will have the opportunity to contribute to this by maintaining the fixtures and fittings of our building and bedrooms, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to our customers.
This position will see you working approx. 9-12 hours per week, over 3 mornings, but we can be totally flexible in terms of the hours that you work, so we will gladly discuss your requirements at interview stage.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and upkeep of all internal and external areas of the pub, restaurant 7 bedrooms.
- Basic maintenance duties to include light carpentry, plumbing and painting.
- Furniture and equipment repairs.
- General maintenance of the gardens and outdoor areas.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in a building capacity or similar role.
- The ability to work alone on your own initiative.
- Good working knowledge of health and safety.
- First class levels of customer service.
- You must be well presented and professional.
- Some lifting and manual duties will be required.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Pay rate is negotiable DOE.
- Flexible working hours which can be discussed at interview.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV or pop in and see us for a chat.