Shepherd Neame is looking for a new General Manager to take on the successful running of the New Flying Horse in Wye, Kent.
Forming part of the Shepherd Neame group of over seventy managed houses in London and the South East, the New Flying Horse is a classic country inn boasting a great outdoor area on the outskirts of Ashford, Kent. It combines the friendly atmosphere of a popular local country pub & restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern, recently refurbished nine bedroom hotel.
Operating on an approximate 60% food and 40% wet split, the New Flying Horse has a restaurant that can accommodate around 55 covers with the ability to cater for up to 200 covers in the bar and garden area during the warmer months of the year.
Please note that there is two bedroom accomodation available with this position if required.
What are we looking for?
- Experience at General Management level within the hospitality sector.
- We serve delicious traditional British food which is all locally sourced.
- Hotel/accommodation experience is advantageous.
- First class customer service and service delivery standards is essential.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train and motivate your team.
- You must have the ability to market and grow sales at the venue.
- Engaging with the local community is a must.
- Being commercially astute is essential, you must be able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing for the site.
- Financially astute!! You must be able to budget and manage all financials.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Private live-in accommodation (2 bedrooms).
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.