The Dog & Bear Hotel in Lenham, Maidstone is looking for a Deputy Manager to join our busy team immediately, live in accommodation is available if required.
Overlooking the picturesque village square, the Dog and Bear combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant with all the comforts of a stylish 24 bedroom hotel.
The role of Deputy Manager is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer first class operational support to our General Manager, deputising in their absence and assisting the successful running of our pub.
In return, we can offer live in accommodation and a competitive pay rate. We also provide our Deputy Managers with superb on-going training and the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme.
What are we looking for?
- Proven deputy/ supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Proven recruitment, leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health & safety standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a General Manager in the longer term.
- Live in accommodation if required.
- Competitive & negotiable pay rate dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Complete support from your General Manager & District Manager.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.