Shepherd Neame is looking for a proven Head Chef with high volume function and events experience to join our management team at the Royal Wells Hotel in Tunbridge Wells.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of over 70 managed houses in the London and the South East; The Royal Wells Hotel is an elegant event led retreat with twenty seven bedrooms in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. In the last few years the hotel has undergone a complete £2.5million refurbishment scheme, incorporating the latest facilities and contemporary style. It sits just a few minutes walk from the main town centre and boasts spectacular views from its hilltop location in Mount Ephraim.
The Royal Wells currently operates on an even split across food, liquor and accommodation sales and it has two stylish event suites which cater for up to 120 sit-down guests, making the Royal Wells a very popular, busy site for high end weddings and events.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- High volume wedding, catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of 8.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Chefs whites are provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.