We are looking for a Head Chef to join our management team at the Wheatsheaf Pub and Grill in Farnham, Surrey.
Set in the heart of Farnham, a historic and affluent market town in Surrey, the Wheatsheaf is a contemporary operation with an open kitchen and warm, relaxed feel. It currently operates on an approximate 60% wet and 40% dry split, with huge potential to develop both sides of the trade.
This role requires a hand’s on Head Chef that can ensure the smooth transition of the existing kitchen and its team to the Shepherd Neame brand, driving the business forward within our group longer term.
In return we will offer you continued support together with a competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience, a quarterly and annual bonus scheme and a range of great company benefits.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience at a Head Chef level in a busy F&B outlet.
- A proven Senior Sous Chef looking for the next step in their career.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team of approx. 6.
- Good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and labour control.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now or pop in for a chat.