Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced General Manager to take on the successful running of our recently acquired site, the Horse & Groom in Wilmington.
Part of the Shepherd Neame Retail Estate of over 70 pubs, restaurants & Hotels in London and the South East; the Horse & Groom is a particularly high volume and turnover Gastro Pub & Restaurant boasting a great semi-rural location in the village of Wilmington on the outskirts of Dartford, Kent. It provides our customers with a superb quality, freshly cooked menu using locally sourced ingredients, with something to suit all tastes.
Currently trading on an approximate 50% wet and 50% food basis, the Horse & Groom can cater for as many as 350 covers on a busy day, with a good garden that also allows us to cater for alfresco dining when the sun is shining.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven experience at GM level within restaurants or pubs.
- Experience in a busy, high volume food & beverage operation.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- The ability to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef & kitchen team.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train and develop your team of 45 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assume responsibility for the site management reporting and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales & marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Competitive salary package that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Private 2 bedroom live in accommodation if required.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame retail pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new, exciting career opportunity with a dynamic and ever growing company, please apply online with your CV now.