Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Juggs in Kingston, Lewes.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of over seventy managed houses in the London and the South East; the Juggs is a beautiful destination dining Pub & Restaurant nestled at the foot of the South Downs in East Sussex.
Boasting a great menu full of fresh pub classic dishes and a range of daily Chefs specials, the Juggs currently operates at an approximate 70% food and 30% wet split. Internally the pub can accommodate around 70 covers, but when the sun is shining and the pretty garden is packed full, this can increase to up to 175 covers.
We need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing team of four, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term.
In return, we can offer you a great salary package that is negotiable dependant on experience, a quarterly and annual bonus scheme and a range of additional company benefits.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of 4.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now.