Shepherd Neame are looking for an experienced General Manager to take on the successful running of the Juggs, a beautiful and traditional destination dining Pub & Restaurant located in Lewes, West Sussex.
Set at the foot of the South Downs in Kingston with spectacular views of the rolling hills, the Juggs is the hub of the local community. It remains a popular drop in spot amongst the Lewes locals and it also has an ever growing base of customers from surrounding towns and villages looking for a tranquil spot to eat and relax.
Boasting a great menu full of fresh pub classic dishes and a range of daily Chefs specials, the Juggs currently operates at an approximate 70% food and 30% wet split. Internally the pub can accommodate around 70 covers, but when the sun is shining and the pretty garden is packed full, this can increase to up to 175 covers.
This role would suit a hands on, service led, General Manager that loves being at the heart of the community, interacting with the locals and being the front face of the business.
Please note that this role comes with very large live accommodation to include a private entrance, garden and parking, three large bedrooms, 3 reception rooms a kitchen and bathroom.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at general management level within the F&B sector.
- The ability to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef & kitchen team of 4.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- The skills required to recruit, train and develop a team of up to 25 staff.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing from site.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Great live in accommodation to include three large bedrooms.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
Please apply online now with your CV.