Shepherd Neame is recruiting for an experienced General Manager to take on the successful running of the Star Inn in Guildford, Surrey.
Located just off of the busy high-street, the Star Inn sits in the towns vibrant shopping district and near to Guildford Castle and the river. The Star is Guildford’s longest running live music venue, having entertained the locals for more than 400 years.
Dating back to the 16th Century, the Star Inn is a busy pub with function room set out over three floors. It has a main bar area, several snugs and cosy corners, an open fire for the colder weather and an intimate court yard garden for when the sun is shining.
Currently operating on a 85% wet and 15% food split, the Star Inn is a popular drop in spot for fresh coffee, a great range of drinks and good quality, classic pub food 7 days a week. Our first floor function room is busy throughout the week days and weekends, presenting our customers with a diverse range of events, including weekly live music across all genres, comedy nights and plays, all of which form an integral part of the business at the Star.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A proven General Manager with a passion for running a wet led business.
- Experience running and marketing an events calendar and functions, ideally within a pub setting.
- The ability to engage the local community, driving new sales from site.
- The skills required to recruit, train and develop your team of approx. 15 staff.
- Someone that can build a strong partnership with your Lead Chef and kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- The ability to assume responsibility for management reporting and site profit and loss budgeting.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Live in accommodation if required (3 bedroom flat).
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Structured company induction and training programmes.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Retail Development Manager.
If you want to join a dynamic and ever growing company that will support you to achieve your full career potential, please apply online with your CV now.