The Botany Bay Hotel in Broadstairs is looking for an experienced and friendly receptionist to join our busy team immediately.
This is a part time position with the possibility of increasing to full time with a variety of shifts which will include morning, day and evening shifts including weekends and bank holidays.
We know that first impressions count, so this role will see you projecting a professional image and offering our customers a warm and efficient welcome on the front line.
Together with great administrative and customer service skills, you will have a real passion for the hospitality sector and you will be willing to go ‘the extra mile’ to ensure our guest’s expectations are met.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the smooth day to day running of the reception desk.
- Welcoming guests and checking them in and out of the hotel.
- Handling all customer enquiries via the telephone, email and face to face.
- Processing room reservations into the in-house system.
- Daily room allocation for room reservations.
- Conducting show rounds as required.
- Undertaking daily banking duties.
- Liaison with all other internal departments.
- Handling customer feedback/complaints as required.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in a hotel reception role.
- Previous knowledge of guest line or Rezlynx would be advantageous.
- First class levels of customer service.
- You must be well presented and professional.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- You must be able to remain calm and work well under pressure.
- You will be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- You must be IT literate, conversant in all Microsoft office packages to include Word and Excel.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- The pay rate is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured induction and training programme.
- Flexible working hours which can be discussed at interview.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for a chat.