Samuel Pepys is a stunning riverside venue situated in the heart of London, directly across the river from the famous Shakespeare Globe Theatre and a minute’s walk from the Millennium bridge. Samuel Pepys is a versatile Monday to Friday riverside pub which can be hired over the weekend for private functions. We are looking for a live out Assistant Manager who is proactive and driven to drive a recently opened diverse Pub & Kitchen.
This role is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer first class operational support to our General Manager.
We provide our Assistant Managers with superb ongoing support, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, then this could be the job for you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the General Manager, supporting the day-to-day running of the business.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Working towards the company business & financial targets.
- Supporting with stock management, administrative and banking duties.
- Supporting recruitment, staff management, team training and development.
What are we looking for?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure, or retail experience.
- Experience in private functions would be an advantage, not essential.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun, team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now or call the Recruitment Team on 01795 542142.