Its 2019 the start of a brand new year, what about a new position with us at Shepherd Neame Britain’s oldest Brewery!!
The Wheatsheaf Pub and Grill in Farnham is looking for a Sous Chef to join our busy kitchen team at our recently acquired site.
Set at the heart of Farnham, an historic and affluent market town, the Wheatsheaf is a contemporary operation with an open kitchen and warm, relaxed feel. It currently operates on an approximate 60% wet and 40% dry split, with huge potential to develop both sides of the trade.
We know that having a talented and dedicated kitchen team on board is vital, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and training our chefs with our Chefs Development Programme, helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
We offer competitive salaries that are negotiable dependent on your experience together with great company benefits, so if you have proven experience in the kitchen, and if you love what you do, then we want to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive.
In order to be considered for this post, please either apply online now with your CV or pop in for a chat.