The Swan and Dog, Ashford is looking for a Restaurant Supervisor to join their busy team. You must have excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate your team.
This role is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can bring strength and first class operational support to our management team and site. Exceptional customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda and you must enjoy motivating and leading people, in order to get the best out of your bar and restaurant team.
We provide our Restaurant Supervisors with superb ongoing support and training and longer term the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we will get you there.
Role & Responsibilities
- Overseeing a small team of bar and restaurant staff, delegating duties as required.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Liaising with customers and being visible out on the front line.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Supporting with the compilation of staff rotas.
- Staff management and training.
- Stock control and rotation.
- Dealing with any cellar management issues.
- Cashing up and daily banking procedures.
What are we looking for?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become an assistant or deputy manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Starting salary negoitable DOE.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
Please apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for an application form.