The Oak on the Green, Bearsted, Maidstone is looking for a part time Kitchen Porter, working 15 - 20 hours a week, which includes evenings and weekends to join our busy kitchen team.
This role will see you supporting our chefs in the kitchen ensuring that they are able to work in a clean and safe environment and that we provide our customers with a quick and efficient level of service out on the front line.
You will be responsible for maintaining a hygienic and tidy kitchen, managing the pot and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and ensuring that we have adequate clean stock and cutlery for service. You may also be required to support our team of chefs with basic food preparation where necessary.
What are we looking for?
- Kitchen experience is preferable, not essential as full training will be provided.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- You must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- Great communication skills.
- You will be a great team player.
- You must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Paid holiday allowance.
In order to be considered for this post, please apply online with your CV or pop in for a chat.