Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Commis Chef to join our management team at the Albion Taverna, Faversham.
Boasting a beautiful waterside location on Faversham Creek, the Albion Taverna is a busy, food led pub & restaurant founded on a fabulous mix of Mexican food and the best-of-British cuisine. It currently trades at approximate 65% food and 35% wet split and seats approximately 50 covers internally, with a further 40 covers outside in good weather. The Albion Taverna has recently undergone a full internal refurbishment scheme with an external re-decoration due shortly.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience at a Commis Chef level.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of 6.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.