Pier Five Bar & Kitchen in Chatham Maritime is looking for either an experienced Head Chef, for a proven Sous Chef that is ready to take on their first Head Chefs role, to join our join our management team.
Boasting a superb waterside location, Pier Five is a contemporary new venue with a modern, international outlook. From brunch to dinner, our kitchen cooks up a delicious menu of gourmet burgers, superfood salads, flame-licked chicken and hand-stretched oven-baked pizzas, together with the best of hand-crafted beers and lagers, craft spirits and cocktails alongside the freshest artisan coffees.
What are we looking for?
- Experience at a Head Chef level or a proven Sous Chef looking for their first Head Chef role.
- The ability to lead and develop a kitchen team.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV or pop in for a chat.