Ahead of our exciting opening in April 2018, Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for a part time Kitchen Porter to join our newly created team at the Market House.
A contemporary Bar, Kitchen & Live Music concept, the Market House will boast a great central location and roof top terrace in bustling Earls Street, Maidstone. It will bring our customers the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town, together with a fresh, new and on-trend menu that is designed to cater for all.
This role will see you supporting our chefs in the kitchen ensuring that they are able to work in a clean and safe environment and that we provide our customers with a quick and efficient level of service out on the front line. You will be responsible for maintaining a hygienic and tidy kitchen, managing the pot and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and ensuring that we have adequate clean stock and cutlery for service. You may also be required to support our team of chefs with basic food preparation where necessary.
If you are looking to kick start your career as a chef in the kitchen, they we may also have the opportunity to train and develop you in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Kitchen experience is preferable, not essential as full training will be provided.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- You must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- Great communication skills.
- You will be a great team player.
- You must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels (Full time only).
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for an application form.