Ahead of our exciting opening in April 2018, Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for full time Sous Chef to support the day to day running of our kitchen and team at the Market House.
A contemporary Bar, Kitchen & Live Music concept, the Market House will boast a great central location and roof top terrace in bustling Earls Street, Maidstone. It will bring our customers the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town, together with a fresh, new and on-trend menu that is designed to cater for all.
The role of Sous Chef is key within our business, so we need an experienced chef that is capable of working closely with our Head Chef, overseeing the kitchen and working to uphold our food quality and health and safety standards.
In return, we offer competitive salaries that are negotiable dependent on your experience together with great company benefits, so if you have proven experience in the kitchen, and if you love what you do, then we want to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience at Sous Chef level.
- A strong chef with proven skills ready to take the next step.
- The ability to run the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Previous experience overseeing a team of kitchen staff.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- The desire to develop your skills and progress in the longer term.
- A hard working and reliable chef that is flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must work well under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive.
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online now with your CV or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.