Ahead of our exciting opening in April 2018, Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for full time Chef De Partie to join our newly created team at the Market House.
A contemporary Bar, Kitchen & Live Music concept, the Market House will boast a great central location and roof top terrace in bustling Earls Street, Maidstone. It will bring our customers the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town, together with a fresh, new and on-trend menu that is designed to cater for all.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Commis Chef that we can train and develop within our business, so if you are ready to take your skills to the next level and if you have a genuine love for cooking, this may be just the job for you.
In return, we will offer you continued career development, a competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience and a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum one years’ experience in the kitchen.
- Experience in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- The desire to be part of a dynamic kitchen team and to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to practice and adhere to strict food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- You must be able to remain calm whilst under pressure.
- A great team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online with your CV now or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.