Shepherd Neame is recruiting for an enthusiastic and hands on General Manager to take on the running of our successful site ‘The Shakespeare’ in Canterbury, Kent.
The Shakespeare is an elegant Pub & Restaurant with an adjoining Wine Bar that boasts a great central location in the beautiful and historic city centre. Offering the best-of-British-fare, by day it is a popular drinking and dining spot for locals, shoppers and tourists alike and then evenings offer a much more contemporary feel with a wide range of music and a relaxed but vibrant atmosphere.
An incredibly busy, fast paced and wet led site the Shakespeare plays host to a diverse customer base at all times of the day, so we are therefore looking for confident and flexible General Manager that enjoys managing a large team of staff and supporting them from the front line.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Management experience in a branded food & beverage operation.
- The ability to recruit, train and develop an existing team of approx. 20.
- The skills required to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef and busy kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- The ability to assume responsibility for management reporting and site profit and loss budgeting.
- The skills to engage with the local community and to drive new sales & marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Live in accommodation if required (Large 1 bedroom flat).
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Structured company induction and training programmes.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Retail Development Manager.
If you want to join a dynamic and ever growing company that will support you to achieve your full career potential, then please apply online with your CV now.