The Tom Cribb in the West End, London, is looking for an experienced member of bar staff to join our team as a Trainee Bar Supervisor.
This role will see you working full time hours, five days out of seven to include some evenings and weekends, supporting the team and undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
We provide our Trainee Bar Supervisors with superb ongoing support and training and longer term the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we can get you there.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Overseeing a small team of bar staff, delegating duties as required.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and day to day bar responsibilities.
- Liaising with customers and being visible out on the front line.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Supporting with the compilation of staff rotas.
- Staff management and training.
- Stock control and rotation.
- Dealing with any cellar management issues.
- Cashing up and daily banking procedures.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working behind the bar.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become an assistant or deputy manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Starting pay rate of £7.50 per hour.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.