The Oak on the Green in Bearsted, Maidstone is looking for a part time Commis chef to join our busy kitchen team.
We have a range of shifts available to include daytimes, evenings and weekends, so we will gladly discuss hours and your requirements at interview.
We know that that having a talented and dedicated kitchen team on board is vital, so we believe in investing time and energy into supporting and training our chefs with our Chefs Development Programme, helping you to achieve your full career potential with us in the longer term.
In return, we will offer you continued career development, a competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience and a great range of company benefits.
What are we looking for?
- Proven education or work based experience within a busy kitchen.
- The desire to be part of a dynamic kitchen team and to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Someone that can work under pressure in a fast paced and busy kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online with your CV now or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.