The Minnis Bay Bar & Brasserie in Birchington is looking for a full time kitchen assistant to join our busy team, so if you love working in a fast paced and busy environment and if you would prefer to be a key team player behind the scenes, this may be just the job for you.
This role will see you supporting our chefs with basic food preparation so they can provide our customers with a quick and efficient level of service out on the front line. You will also undertake a range of cleaning duties so that that they can operate in a clean and safe environment.
With our full support and training, this post will see you learning the ropes with the guidance of the Head Chef, Sous Chef and kitchen team. If you are looking to kick start your career as a chef in the kitchen, they we may also have the opportunity to train and develop you in the longer term.
In return, we will off offer you continued personal development, support and training, a competitive salary, great company benefits and the opportunity for you to join our proven chef’s development programme, which will help you achieve your career potential in the longer term.
What are we looking for?
- Kitchen experience is preferable, not essential as full training will be provided.
- A motivated kitchen assistant that wants to develop their career.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- You must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- Great communication skills.
- You will be a great team player.
- You must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Ongoing support and training in the kitchen.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels (Full time only).
In order to be considered for this post please either apply online with your CV now or pop in and see us for an application form.