Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Chef or Cook to take on the successful running of our kitchen at the Bishops Finger, Canterbury.
The Bishops Finger is an energetic traditional ale house at the Heart of Canterbury City. We play host to a diverse customer base including passing tourist trade, students and sports followers and we offer a relaxed menu with options ranging from tasty bar snacks to brilliant burgers seven days.
We are looking for an experienced chef that will work shifts ranging from 11.30-21.30, five days out of seven, alongside one other part time chef. You will take on overall responsibility for the day to day running and cooking within our kitchen.
This unique and exciting opportunity will see you working with us to uphold our food offering, quality and standards whilst helping us to move our business forward to the next level.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience in a busy kitchen.
- Former stock purchasing and ordering experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- You must be happy to work alone unsupervised.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.