The Chequers on the Green in High Halden, Ashford, is looking for a driven and experienced Deputy Manager to join our team immediately.
This role is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer operational support to our General Manager, deputising in their absence. Exceptional customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda and you must enjoy training and developing people, in order to get the best out of your team.
We provide our Deputy Managers with superb ongoing support and the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we will get you there.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the General Manager, supporting the day-to-day running of the business.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Working closely with the Head Chef and kitchen team.
- Working towards the company business & financial targets.
- Undertaking stock management, administrative and banking duties.
- Supporting recruitment, staff management, team training and development.
What are we looking for?
- Proven deputy/ supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Excellent leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health & safety standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.