Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for a Deputy Manager for the ‘Market House’, an exciting new contemporary Bar, Kitchen & Live Music concept opening in early April 2018.
Boasting a great location and roof top terrace in bustling Earls Street, Maidstone, the ‘Market House’ will play host to a diverse customer base and bring you the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town. Our fresh, new and on-trend menu has been designed to cater for all. We will have a great range of vegetarian super food and vegan dishes available together with a varied list of brunch options and modern takes on classic pub style dishes.
With a diverse range of genres and artists performing on weekly basis, Live music will also be an integral part of evening and weekend business plan at the Market House.
This role will be key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can offer operational support to our General Manager, deputising in their absence.
We provide our Deputy Managers with superb ongoing support and the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we will get you there.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting into the General Manager, supporting the day-to-day running of the business.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Working closely with the Head Chef and kitchen team.
- Working towards the company business & financial targets.
- Undertaking stock management, administrative and banking duties.
- Supporting recruitment, staff management, team training and development.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven deputy/ supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Excellent leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health & safety standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.