Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are recruiting for a Head Chef for the ‘Market House’, an exciting new contemporary Bar, Kitchen & Live Music concept opening in early April 2018.
Boasting a great location and roof top terrace in bustling Earls Street, Maidstone, the ‘Market House’ will play host to a diverse customer base and will bring you the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town. Our fresh, new and on-trend menu has been designed to cater for all. We will have a great range of vegetarian super food and vegan dishes available together with a varied list of brunch options and modern takes on classic pub style dishes.
This role will suit a proven head chef that ideally has experienced in a branded retail environment. You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and in order to help us establish our reputation locally, you must be proud of and love what you do!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience at a Head Chef level in a busy F&B outlet.
- Or a strong Senior Sous / Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a newly created kitchen team.
- Good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and labour control.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.