Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for a General Manager for the ‘Market House’, an exciting new contemporary Bar, Kitchen & Live Music concept opening in early April 2018.
Boasting a great location and roof top terrace in bustling Earls Street, Maidstone, the ‘Market House’ will play host to a broad customer base and bring you the best hand crafted beers & international lagers, cocktails, spirits and artisan coffees in town. Our fresh, new and on-trend menu has been designed to cater for all. We will have a great range of vegetarian super food and vegan dishes available together with a varied list of brunch options and modern takes on classic pub style dishes.
With a diverse range of genres and artists performing on weekly basis, Live music will also be an integral part of evening and weekend business plan at the Market House.
This role will suit a dedicated General Manager with knowledge and passion for the F&B sector and ideally experience in a branded retail environment. You will support the initial launch and opening of the ‘Market House’, ensuring that you establish its reputation locally in Maidstone in the longer term.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Management experience in a branded food & beverage operation.
- The ability to recruit, train and develop a newly created team.
- The skills required to build a strong partnership with your Head Chef and newly appointed kitchen team.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- The ability to assume responsibility for management reporting and site profit and loss budgeting.
- The skills to engage with the local community and to drive new sales & marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Live in accommodation if required (2 bedrooms).
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Structured company induction and training programmes.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Retail Development Manager.
If you want to join a dynamic and ever growing company that will support you to achieve your full career potential, then please apply online with your CV now.