In line with our ongoing refurbishment scheme, Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for a Deputy Manager for the ‘Boathouse’, a new and exciting destination dining pub & restaurant opening in March 2018.
Located just a few miles outside of Maidstone in the village of Yalding, the ‘Boathouse’ boasts an enviable river side location in the beautiful Wealden countryside.
Designed to be a high volume, food led site with extensive outdoor dining space, the ‘Boathouse’ will cater for a diverse customer base and will offer our customers a fresh varied menu with a range of unique modern dishes and traditional classic pub favourites.
This unique and exciting job opportunity offers you the chance to be part of the management team at our newly refurbished pub & restaurant and to help us re-establish the ‘Boathouse’ in the local market place. In return, we will provide you with superb ongoing support and the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we will get you there.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting into the General Manager, supporting the day-to-day running of the business.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Working closely with the Head Chef and kitchen team.
- Working towards the company business & financial targets.
- Undertaking stock management, administrative and banking duties.
- Supporting recruitment, staff management, team training and development.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven deputy/ supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Excellent leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health & safety standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.