In line with our ongoing refurbishment scheme, Shepherd Neame is pleased to announce that we are now recruiting for a Head Chef for the ‘Boathouse’, a new and exciting destination dining pub & restaurant opening in March 2018.
Located just a few miles outside of Maidstone in the village of Yalding, the ‘Boathouse’ boasts an enviable river side location in the beautiful Wealden countryside.
Designed to be a high volume, food led site with extensive outdoor dining space, the ‘Boathouse’ will cater for a diverse customer base and will offer our customers a fresh varied menu with a range of unique modern dishes and traditional classic pub favourites.
This unique and exciting job opportunity offers you the chance to be the driving force behind the food offer at our our newly refurbished pub & restaurant and to re-establish the ‘Boathouse’ in the local market place.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous that is ready to take the next step.
- High volume catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a newly appointed kitchen team of approx. 10.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now or you can call our Trade Recruitment Co-ordinator for more information on 01795 542132.