The Fish on the Green in Bearsted is looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to start in January 2019. You will need to have exceptional service delivery standards, have experience in cash handling, stock ordering and staff supervision to join our busy team.
We are a fine seafood restaurant on Bearsted Green, Maidstone that is listed in the Michelin Guide and is the proud holder of two AA Rosettes, so this role is key within our business as you offer operational support to our General Manager.
First class customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda and you must enjoy training and developing people, in order to get the best out of your team.
We provide our Assistant Managers with superb ongoing support and the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we will get you there.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the General Manager, supporting the day-to-day running of the business.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Working towards the company business & financial targets.
- Supporting with stock management, administrative and banking duties.
- Supporting recruitment, staff management, team training and development.
What are we looking for?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become a general manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.