The Spitfire, 1 Liberty Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent
The Spitfire is a stunning contemporary pub in the heart of the modern Kings Hill development, built on the former Battle of Britain RAF base at West Malling. View at: www.shepherdneame.co.uk 
There is dining in the conservatory and also a second floor dining and function area overlooking Liberty Square. There is a large, enclosed garden with ample seating.
We’re looking for a Head Chef who has the right character and personality to inspire and motivate the brigade together with a real passion for producing top quality food.
Training and personal development is at the heart of our business. With this in mind, the successful candidate will be passionate about team development and will gain satisfaction from seeing the results of time and effort invested in their team members.
The successful candidate will be an excellent Chef with a passion for food and a respect for systems and procedures - a trainer, leader, motivator and a champion of company ethos; a great manager who constantly strives to improve their team and food whilst moving the kitchen towards increased performance and profitability.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate sound financial acumen including an excellent understanding of P&L analysis, menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing. The ability to implement, monitor and improve health and safety and food safety procedures essential. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who can contribute to the growth and continued success of this business.
Full job specific training will be delivered at appointment. However, the candidate should have existing people management skills and an aptitude for self-learning.
· Recruitment, training and development of a small brigade of chefs
· Compliance with Food Hygiene, HACCP and Health and Safety regulations
· Maintenance of standards and consistency of the taste and presentation of food
· Working within the company framework to produce creative, original dishes for the seasonal menus
· Working to set budgets for both food purchases and wages
· Working within the marketing framework provided to constantly improve the visibility and reputation of the business
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· A strong character who is able to maintain effective communication with the team
· Confident and focused
· Creative and passionate about ingredients and seasonality
· Committed to achieving excellence
· Sound financial understanding of all aspects of running a busy kitchen
· Level 3 Food Safety qualification
· Experience of Fourth Hospitality Star Chef system
· Knowledge of Word and Excel
· Competitive salary
· Quarterly and annual bonus scheme
· Company pension scheme
· Company profit sharing scheme
· 28 days paid holiday per annum
· Staff discount scheme for dining in other company pubs and hotels
If you can fulfil all, or most of the above requirements please email your CV and covering letter to the manager John Jennings.
Closing date: 29th October 2014