- Pubs & Hotels
- Join Us
- The Brewery
- Tours & Functions
Posted: 15 August 2013
Blog category: Recipes
This delicious crispy batter goes well with any fresh fish or enough king prawns. Try it with a Blonde on the side! (a chilled glass of Whitstable Bay Blonde lager, that is!)
Preparation time: 15 min, Cooking time: 7 min, Serves 4.
300g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp. Salt
250ml Whitstable Bay Blonde Lager
50ml White wine
4 x 175g Cod Fillets
1. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 170®c
2. Season 100g of the flour & dust fish fillets liberally.
3. Sieve the remaining flour into a bowl, adding salt. Make a well, slowly add beer and vinegar, whisking in. Leave to rest in fridge 30 mins.
4. Mixture will bubble up, whisk until smooth and coat the fish fillet.
5. Deep fry the fish, lowering in gently to prevent sticking to the basket, for 6 to 7 minutes until batter is golden, turning half way through the cooking time.